Aromatherapy Is Here To Help!
We’re sure you’ve heard of aromatherapy, but do you really know what it is? How about what it’s used for? Or maybe the benefits of aromatherapy?
We didn’t either until one day when we were introduced to these unique oil blends that changed our lives. Essential oils have been shown to help reduce stress and even boost moods. And let’s face it, they just smell delicious.
Take a look at the questions and answers below to help you fully understand the world of aromatherapy.
What’s the history of Aromatherapy?
For over 5,000 years essential oils have been used for self-care and medicinal practices, such as perfumes, tonics, cleansers, wound salves, and more. The earliest civilizations to use aromatherapy were Chinese, Indians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans. In the 1800s, botanical extracts were used to fight diseases such as tuberculosis and infected wounds. In the early 19th century, essential oils began being used in western medicine practices. Aromatherapy made its way to US in 1980. Today, essential oils are found in lotions, candles, oils, and fragrances.
What is Aromatherapy?
A type of alternative medicine practice that uses essential oils from plants, flowers, herbs, roots, and trees to improve your physical, emotional, and spiritual well being. These oils can be inhaled or applied to the skin.
What are the common uses for Aromatherapy?
Improve sleep quality, digestion, muscle pain, PMS, skin problems, reduce stress, overcome symptoms of depression, and soothe sore joints.
What ways can you use essential oils?
· Diffuse the oil into the air
· Inhale oils through the nostrils
· Receive massage therapy with oils
· Oil-infused bath
· Rub oils directly on skin
What do you look for when buying essential oils?
· Label – botanical name, country of origin, distillation date and/or expiration date, and chemotype
· Cost – if it’s too good to be true, it probably is
· Testing – GC/MS testing
· Organic, unsprayed, or wildcrafted
· NAHA – or other association membership
· Sustainability and economic cooperatives or initiatives
What are the top essential oil companies?
· Young Living Essential Oils
· doTERRA Essential Oils
· Edens Garden
· Native American Nutritionals Oils
· Rocky Mountain Oils
· Plant Therapy Essential Oils
· Aura Cacia Essential Oils
· Now Foods Essential Oils
· Mountain rose Herbs
· Healing Solutions Essential Oils